We encourage women to stay in the program for 12 – 18 months. We believe it is imperative for their success to stay in the program long enough to become grounded in who they are in Christ, become strong enough to be independent, and yet not so long that they become dependent on the program we offer.
Who Our Program is For
Our program is for women struggling with hurts, habits, and hang-ups; Women who are in transition from places like prison, county jail, or abusive relationships.
Our program is for women who strive to become independent but need a helping hand to get there.
Our program is for women who are unsatisfied with their old lives and wish to learn to lead a Christ centered life.
Phase 1: A period of approximately 3 months where the women adjust to life free from destructive living habits. They will learn constructive coping skills, abandoning spontaneous behaviors of acting and reacting in order to survive and obtain their desired and immediate need. During this phase they will begin attending recovery classes, learning to plan for the future, learn about their behavior patterns of old dysfunctional behaviors, and learn about making choices that bring about more positive consequences in life.
Phase 2: The women will continue school for GED, learn job-seeking skills, and look for work. The women will participate in budgeting classes and be required to save money for their future outside of Beauty for Ashes. During this time they will continue to live out newly taught life skills and will still be receiving support from Spiritual mentors and going to recovery classes.
Phase 3: The women will have developed renewed and Godly views of themselves and will be more adequately prepared to maintain a healthy living style outside of the program. Throughout the final phase they will be searching for new living arrangements where they will be independently providing for themselves and living on their own. Realizing the need for support from other grounded Christians and understanding that He is the Rock of their new foundation, they will continue living a renewed and restored life with purpose.
What We Offer
- Recovery through 12 step program attendance
- Mentoring and nurturing Relationships
- Life Skills education grounded in scripture
- Classes to promote improved quality of life
- Learning to serve others through volunteering
- Job search skills
- Coping with stress
- Anger management
- Crafts/daily productivity
Among other rules, some important rules include:
- No drugs or alcohol allowed
- Random drug tests will be conducted
- No second chances for drug or alcohol use
- No foul language
- No inappropriate music, television, videos, etc.
- No cell phones or internet access allowed until Phase III
- No male visitors to the house
- All living areas will be kept clean
- Daily schedules will be followed
What We Expect of the Women
- Abide by all House Rules
- Be respectful to staff, volunteers, and other women at all times
- Dress and act appropriately
- Attend church services regularly
- Work the Celebrate Recovery program
- Meet regularly with a Christian Counselor
- Meet regularly with a Case Worker
- Attend daily bible study
- Not use drugs or alcohol
- Work toward GED if applicable
- Keep living spaces clean
- Search for and find a job
- Volunteer at a church or other non-profit organization
What the Women Should Expect
- Work toward our expectations mentioned above
- Submit to random drug testing
- Have moral support from our staff and volunteers
- Be provided safe clean living conditions
- Be provided an opportunity to improve their lives
- Have the love of Christ shared with them
Cost for each woman is need-based on a sliding scale and is held as low as possible. We appreciate and accept donations to offset living expenses.
We are privately funded through financial donations. We graciously accept donations for cash to offset living expenses, household goods, and supplies. If you are interested in donating supplies, please contact us at email@example.com. If you are interested in donating money for living expenses you may do so on our donate page.